- 190+ countries where our brands are available
- 3.4 billion people use our products every day
- € 52 billion turnover in 2021 with 58% in emerging markets
- 400+ brands that are household names
- 13 brands had a turnover of more than €1 billion in 2021
- 13 brands in Kantar's top 50 global brands are ours
- 148,000 employees worldwide
- 52/48 gender balance management (female/male)
- 92 % of our leaders are local to their market
- € 445m spent with diverse businesses owned by under-represented groups
- 53 % of our plastic packaging is reusable, recyclable or compostable
- 64 % reduction in Scope 1 and 2 greenhouse gas emissions since 2015
Our brands operate in five Business Groups, each with a clear vision laddering up to our purpose.
Creating a stable of the world’s most purposeful brands, proving that sustainable business drives better performance, and being a beacon for diversity and inclusion – these are the things we want Unilever to be famous for.Alan Jope, Unilever CEO
Leading in Sustainable Business
We’re proud to have been recognised by many respected organisations for our work.
The GlobeScan Sustainability Leaders Survey is the largest and longest-running survey of its kind, tracking expert opinion on sustainability leadership across the world. 2022 was the 12th consecutive year we have been ranked by experts as the number one corporate sustainability leader.
In the 17th edition (2021) of the Gartner Supply Chain Top 25, we held our position in the exclusive ‘Masters’ category for the third year running. This recognises companies that have attained top-five composite scores for at least seven out of the last ten years.
The ranking looks at overall business and corporate responsibility metrics, how peers from other companies rank each other, and how Gartner analysts also view and rank these companies.
S&P Corporate Sustainability Assessment
In the S&P Corporate Sustainability Assessment 2021 (previously known as the S&P Dow Jones Sustainability Index), we were awarded Global Gold Glass for our performance across an extensive range of environmental, social and governance criteria.
We led the Most Effective Marketer category in 2020 for the fourth year in a row, with work for brands including Axe, Dove, Knorr, Lifebuoy, Lux, OMO, Rexona and Surf Excel. We have held the top spot seven times over the past ten years.
We have made five key strategic choices to drive our business growth and to make a positive difference to our world.
Our interconnected business model powers our business and creates sustained value for all of our stakeholders.